Saturday, March 31, 2007

OMW to A'Dam

I learned, that there are Flickr clubs all around the world. Would be fine to have an expat-flickr club here in the Netherlands. OK, I will improve my Dutch and find a local one, but would be nice in the meantime.

There are only 1 1/2 hours for the end of the day at work (damn shifts). A beautiful sunny day in Amsterdam. I have packed my Pentax and my Minolta and are looking forward for a productive photo-safari in the city.

WTC_Hilversum 027Amsterdam WTC, ABN Amro tower
WTC_Hilversum 044Interior Patio on another building in A´Dam WTC
Amsterdam_weekend 013Damrak, on a holiday weekend
Don´t take it wrong: In Amsterdam nobody feels hostile against tourists as in other touristic towns. A-Dam´s centrum is kinda giant shopping mall also for us locals, even for the inhabitants of the other parts of Amsterdam. Plus, 2/3 of the population of the city are expats, predominantly German and British... there are more expats than immigrants from outside of the EU (!).

No comments: